- Chair: Sheriff Iain Fleming
- Honorary Secretary: Professor Cyrus Tata
- Secretary: Irene Cameron, Association Management Solutions, PO Box 7225, Pitlochry, PH16 9AH
Seminars take place from October through to March each year at 6.30 pm and are held at St George's Tron, Glasgow.
The programme concludes with a Day Conference on 11th May at the University of Strathclyde, entitled "Crime Justice & Mental Health".
This conference will bring together a diverse range of justice and health professionals, academics and policy officials to tackle urgent questions including:-
- what is the impact of mental health on offending?
- how can services be designed to reduce the impact of mental health upon individuals
- what are the most effective ways of dealing with those affected by mental health who are going through the justice system
- how should the balance between care and control be decided?
In the Chair: Dr Joe Morrow KStJ, QC, DL, Lord Lyon, President, Mental Health Tribunal Service.
- Karyn McCluskey, Chief Executive Community Justice Scotland
- Dr Melanie Baker, Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, Leverndale Hospital, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Chief Inspector Rosie Wright, Police Scotland
- May Dunsmuir, President, Additional Support Needs Tribunal for Scotland
- Dan Johnson, Senior Chartered Psychologist, Kibble Education & Care Centre
- Dr Jennifer Ashmead & Dr Julia Donaldson
Registration rates - £90 (full) and £30 (concession, unwaged, student) Download a registration form here.