The Social Work Programme, Crime, Justice and Society Module
Thursday 18th September 2014 at 5.30 pm - CJSW, Community Payback Workshop, 8 King Street, Dumfries, DG2 9AN
Guest Speaker: John Sturgeon - Lecturer, University of the West of Scotland, Dumfries
Co-presenters: Social work students.
Reflections on Women and Sudden Death
SASO Aberdeen Branch Seminar - 2 September 2014 at 5.45 pm
"Reflections on Women and Sudden Death"
Guest Speaker: Dr James Grieve, Senior Lecturer in Forensic Medicine, Department of Pathology, University of Aberdeen and Police Forensic Pathologist for the North East and Grampian Area.
Room N118, Riverside East Building, Robert Gordon University, Garthdee, Aberdeen (free car parking available)
Numbers restricted so early booking is essential. Further information together with booking details available here.
Crime Justice & Community - SASO 45th Annual Conference
The 45th Annual Conference of SASO will take place on 14th & 15th November 2014 at the Dunblane Hydro Hotel, Dunblane.
This conference, chaired by the Hon Lady Rae, will be an opportunity for all involved in the criminal justice sector to explore crime, justice and community in contemporary Scotland.
Keynote speakers include:-
- Sir Harry Burns - "Is crime a health issue?"
- Professor Mike Nellis - "The concept of community justice"
- Justina Murray - "A conversation about community justice"
- Hans Dominicus - "Houses of Justice - a Belgian approach to community justice"
- Bridget Campbell - "Can governments ensure justice in the community"
- Christine Scullion - "An independent funder's journey towards taking an evidence based approach"
- The Rt Hon Henry McLeish - "What next? Justice after the Referendum"
Practitioners' Panel Session led by Sheriff LIndsay Wood
Delegate Interactive Session led by Crown Agent, Catherine Dyer - "Prosecution decisions in the public interest"
After dinner speaker - Lesley Thomson, QC, Solicitor General for Scotland
SASO Annual General Meeting 2014
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of SASO will be held on Friday 14th November 2014 at 5.00 pm in the Strathyre Suite, Dunblane Hydro Hotel, Dunblane.
A copy of the agenda, together with a proposal to increase membership subscriptions is available here.