SASO Edinburgh Branch - new programme for 2014-15
The series begins on Tuesday 7 October 2014 with guest Speaker Colin McConnell, Chief Executive, Scottish Prison Service.
5.30 pm at Edinburgh Sheriff Court, Chambers Street, Edinburgh.
All those with an interest in crime and criminal justice are very welcome to attend.
Aberdeen Branch Autumn Seminar Series
Aberdeen Branch kicks off its autumn seminar series with some "Reflections on Women and Sudden Death" on Tuesday 2nd September 2014 at Robert Gordon University, Garthdee, Aberdeen.
Guest speaker: Dr James Grieve, Senior Lecturer in Forensic Medicine, Dept of Pathology, University of Aberdeen
Full details available here.
Numbers restricted so early booking recommended.
SASO Glasgow Branch Conference 2014 - Final Programme Now Available
SASO Annual Conference 2014
The 45th Annual Conference of SASO, focussing on "Crime, Justice & Community" will be held on 14th & 15th November 2014 at the Dunblane Hydro Hotel.
In the Chair: The Hon Lady Rae
- Sir Harry Burns, Professor of Global Public Health, University of Strathclyde
- Professor Mike Nellis, Glasgow School of Social Work, University of Strathclyde
- Justina Murray, Chief Officer, South West Scotland Community Justice Authority
- Hans Dominicus, Head of Federal Unit, Community Sanctions & Measures, Ministry of Justice, Belgium
- Bridget Campbell, Director, Justice Directorate, Scottish Government
- Christine Scullion, Director of Development, The Robertson Trust
- The Rt Hon Henry McLeish
After Dinner Speaker - Lesley Thomson, QC, Solicitor General for Scotland
The Rt Hon the Lord Hope of Craighead to Chair SASO Glasgow Branch Conference
Chairing this year's SASO Glasgow Branch Conference is The Rt Hon the Lord Hope of Craighead, KT. The event will take place at the Assembly Hall, Police Scotland, 173 Pitt Street Glasgow, on Thursday 8 May from 1.00 pm through to 7.00 pm with a credible line-up of guest presenters including Sir Harry Burns, Sue Berelowitz (Deputy Children's Commissioner for England); Malcolm Shaffer, Scottish Childrens Reporter Administration, Lars Wallinder, Ministry of Justice, Sweden; Professor Lesley McAra, University of Edinburgh.
The conference is open to SASO members and non-members. Places are limited. Early registration advisable.