SASO's annual conference is Scotland's main criminal justice conference, bringing together a wide range of people involved in the Scottish criminal justice system and reflecting the diversity of the Association's membership.
Each year the conference is on a different topical theme and attracts distinguished speakers from Scotland and beyond.
The conference is a friendly occasion with excellent opportunities for informal discussions. The 2018 conference will be held on Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd November 2018, at the award-winning Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort. In a change to previous years' format, the conference will commence at 10.00 am on Friday running through to 1.00 pm on Saturday 4th. Conference dinner, as usual, will be on the Friday evening.
This year's theme is "Responding to Sexual Abuse". The conference will be chaired by Dr John Crichton, Chair of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in Scotland.
Keynote speakers include:-
- Dr Jon Patrick, The State Hospital
- Professor Nick Hardwick
- Tom Fox, Scottish Prison Service
- The Right Hon. Lady Dorrian
- Will Kerr OBE, National Crime Agency
- Kate Wallace, Victim Support Scotland
- Sandy Brindley, Rape Crisis Scotland
- Amanda Naylor, Barnardo's
- Alison di Rollo QC, Solicitor General
This year's after dinner speaker will be Professor Susan Deacon, CBE, Chair of the Scottish Policy Authority.